Chaoyang Park Beach Volleyball Ground
The Chaoyang Park Beach Themed Park (simplified Chinese: 朝阳公园沙滩主题乐园; traditional Chinese: 朝陽公園沙灘主题樂園; pinyin: Cháoyáng Gōngyuán Shātān Zhu3ti2 Le4yuan2), known as the Chaoyang Park Beach Volleyball Ground (simplified Chinese: 朝阳公园沙滩排球场; traditional Chinese: 朝陽公園沙灘排球場; pinyin: Cháoyáng Gōngyuán Shātān Páiqiú Chǎng) during the 2008 Olympic Games, is a swimming, samba, African dance, hula and carnival place in Chaoyang Park that used to be one of 9 temporary venues used for the 2008 Summer Olympics. It was built on the site of the ex-Beijing Gas Appliance Factory (Chinese: 北京煤气用具厂) but now a part of the park. The ground was used for the beach volleyball matches.
The venue had a capacity of 12,000, consisting of 1 competition ground, 2 warmup grounds, and 6 training grounds. Court 2 was used on Day 6 of competition.
- Official Website
- Beijing2008.cn profile
- Beijing National Stadium
- Beijing National Aquatics Center
- Beijing National Indoor Stadium
- Beijing Shooting Range Hall
- Wukesong Indoor Stadium
- Laoshan Velodrome
- Shunyi Olympic Rowing-Canoeing Park
- China Agricultural University Gymnasium
- Peking University Gymnasium
- Beijing Science and Technology University Gymnasium
- Beijing University of Technology Gymnasium
- Olympic Green Tennis Center
Coordinates: 39°56′42″N 116°28′44″E / 39.94500°N 116.47889°E / 39.94500; 116.47889
This 2008 Olympics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
This article about a Summer Olympics venue is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.